Monday 16 July 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey


This is the book everyone is talking about right now and as you read through it is easy to see why, being written in such a way, The words set your body on fire. 

This book has had my attention for a whole week, for me to read a book in such a short period is a record, especially with my dyslexia.

The plot is really gripping, it is up to the reader to decide if you think it is a love story and it is marketed for ladies, but there are bits  would recommend to the gents on how to speak and treat a lady. At first i was nervous of the lead male character, Christen, thinking he would turn out to me some mad abuser, but in the end i felt sorry for him and respected him, I especially was drawn to his honesty such an amazing quality. I must say i am glad it out lines how sexual abuse can effect your life and your future. 

Having finished the book i fell apart with the ending, not what i had hoped for. For me the best bit of the book has to be the wonderful e-mails which the characters sent to each other.

This is one of the most effective books i have read and reading it has changed my out look on relationship and expectations on relationships, It has also given me a new more sensitive way of look upon men. I am now deciding if i what to carry on the trilogy.

Thanks to the ladies of the Butterflies Friendship group for introducing this book to me, and to those who follow me on twitter to. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment